Dr. Mostafa El Sayed is the Director of the Aerospace Materials & Structures Laboratory (AMS-Lab) in the department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Carleton University. He received his B.Sc. (1997) and M.Sc. (2002) from the Military Technical College and his Ph.D. (2010) from McGill University. He was a postdoctoral fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. From 2011 to 2015, Dr. El Sayed was an Aircraft Loads Engineering Specialist at Bombardier Aerospace. He was involved in all of Bombardier’s new development programs, as well as in the Research and Development of the company’s strategic technologies and future aircraft concepts. His contributions included the implementation of a wide range of dynamic loads analyses for aircraft structural design and optimisation. Dr. Mostafa El Sayed is a certified Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario (PEO).
See a list of Prof. El Sayed’s publications here.
- AERO3101 Lightweight Structures
- AERO4907C Engineering Design Project (Rotorcraft Unmanned Aerial System)
- MAAE2101 Engineering Dynamics
- MAAE2202 Mechanics of Solids –I
- Member of the Curriculum Committee – Aerospace
- Member of the Solid Mechanics and Design Strand Committee
- Member of the Recruitment and 1st Year Affairs Committee
- FQRNT Postdoctoral Fellowship (2012-2013)
- NSERC Industrial R&D Fellowship (Declined) (2011)
- NSERC Visiting Fellowship in Canadian Government Laboratory (Declined) (2011)
- ALMA MATER Travel Grant Award, McGill University (2009)
- Les Vadasz Doctoral Fellowship, McGill University (2007-2010)
- NSERC Doctoral Fellowship (2007-2010)
- McGill Engineering Doctoral Award (MEDA), McGill University (2007-2010)
- Teaching fellowship, Concordia University (2006)
- Bell Helicopter Certificate of Excellence (2008)
- Egyptian Republic Duty Order of Merits (1997)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) Technical Conferences.
- International Journal of Mechanics and Materials in Design.
- International Journal of Mechanical Sciences.
- SAE International Journal of Aerospace.
- Professional Engineer: Professional Engineering Ontario (PEO).
- ASME: American Society of Mechanical Engineering
- CASI: Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute
- EES: Egyptian Engineers Syndicate.